Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Workout of the Week



As mentioned before, with busy schedules, it is hard to fit in a workout at a gym. People tend to forget that there are things in your daily life that can count as cardio and can make differences in your health. Making a conscious decision to use the stairs instead of catching the elevator is a great way to start. Whether it be at school or otherwise, Taking the stairs burns far more calories than standing on an elevator for a few seconds.












Taking the stairs is a great wayto prevent health problems that come along with inactiviity such as obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke. For those people that are big consumers of modern conveniences such as cars, elevatos, escalators, and computers, going a full day without any cardio might be very common. By choosing the stairs, you are able to incorporate cardio into your daily life without having to change very much. 

2 comments:

  1. I will admit that I don't work out. However, I do agree that there are a lot of ways to stay active that aren't necessarily thought of as working out. As a babysitter, I am constantly running around after, and playing with they children in my care. Often, what seems like just an easy game of tag to the kids, has my heart pumping like I just ran a mile, which I very well may have. I agree that we should choose ways to move in our everyday routine, instead of just saying we don't have time to go to the gym and giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great reminder. I always try to take the stairs, but when I am carrying my 20 backpack I usually take the elevators. Sometimes I try and find a parking spot that's far away also. Are there any other quick tips that you recommened for some added exercise in the day?

    ReplyDelete